According to the diving agencies, any dive beyond 18 meters is a deep dive. There are many kinds of diving other than deep diving. These other diving methods give the deep-diving style a different definition. However, deep diving is not an easy activity underwater. You need proper training to try deep diving. It is essential to have all the safety gears during deep diving. In this article, we describe the Deep diving rules, recommendations, along with some interesting facts. Therefore, you must read this informative article until the last.
Rules, Recommendations, And Tips For Deep Diving
Things To Do
- Pre-plan you, deep dive. Define a maximum depth and bottom line for diving.
- Before starting the dive, perform a pre-dive safety check.
- Monitor your pressure gauge and depth regularly while deep diving. Moreover, make sure that the air tank has plenty of air.
Things Not To Do
- Do not dive alone. Always perform the activity with someone having a good diving experience.
- Never dive below the recommended maximum depth.
- Do not decompression limits mentioned on dive table.
Tips To Get Started
You must perform the first deep dive must be under the supervision of an instructor. Moreover, you can take a driving course to know about the basics and techniques. Dive in any certified site. The instructors will explain to you all the essential things while diving there.
Deep Diving Rules For A Safe Dive
You must read these instructions. They will help you to make your dive safer.
- Set your dive watch or use a compass for direction before getting in the water.
- After that, give the signal to start the diving.
- Descend closely with the experienced person. Watch him for signs of the nitrogen narcosis.
- While diving, you may experience a sudden change of temperature. This temperature change called thermocline is ordinary in deep diving.
- Do not go below the planned depth.
- Monitor your pressure gauge and depth while diving.
- Now before ascending, give the signal to your buddy to ascend together.
- You must ascend slowly as per the instructor guideline.
- Always do a safety stop before at 5 meters. You can perform this stop for 3 minutes.
Facts About Famous Deep Spots For Deep Diving
Lighthouse Reef Blue Hole: The cave system in the ancient times originated this site. The diameter of this blue circle is around 300 meters. The stalactite formation in the underwater cave is impressive. Moreover, there is also a coral reef starting from 33 meters and ultimately stops at 135 meters.
Blue Hole: This site lies in the Red Sea in the country of Egypt. However, the place is one of the most dangerous site spots in the world. The diving here starts from descending between the coral mounds.
Blue Corner Wall: The vertical drop at this diving spot started from 10 meters and plunged to around 330 meters. Here, you will be able to spot various marine animals like turtles, fishes, and even shark.
SourceEagle’s Nest Sinkhole: This freshwater pond has crystal clear water. Many people recognized this spot as Mount Everest of diving. It is because the place has very deep cavern that can make you plunge approx 91 meters.